Guidelines for Defining Licensees and Facilities

These are the guidelines for determining what person or organization should be a PEP Licensee and what Facilities should be set up under a License. If you have already received your License and a review of this information suggests you may want to change the Licensee, please contact [email protected].

Who is the Licensee?

In most cases, the identity of the Licensee will be obvious. For existing PEP organizers, it is usually the Volunteer person or group that has established a relationship with one or more Facilities at which the volunteers are conducting PEP Courses. However, in some situations, especially the larger ones involving many Facilities and many Courses, especially where a national coordinator is active or where a large national or regional organization is in the picture, some judgment is required to determine the best structure for the transition. This document provides guidelines for both Direct Licenses and Volunteer Licenses.

Direct License

In a Direct License, the License owner is the organization that is offering PEP Courses to its constituents. There is no intermediary between TPRF and the organization. Still, exactly who should be the License owner is not always obvious. Sometimes a Direct License will be with an organization that is part of a larger regional, state, or national organization. Should the License belong to the local organization, or to the larger parent organization?

Ask the following questions:

  • Who is entering into a License relationship with TPRF?
  • Who is taking responsibility for the Courses?
  • Who is providing the Facility or Facilities?
  • Who is reporting?

The answers to these questions will point to the preferred Licensee. The system supports both models, and the facts of the situation determine which model is the best fit.

For example, suppose TPRF has made an agreement with a large regional school board covering a state or province to offer PEP Courses in many schools in their region. In this case, the regional organization is the Licensee, and many different Facilities, representing different schools in the region, will be set up under that one License. Multiple Contacts can be used to delegate reporting.

On the other hand, suppose one school or a very small cluster of schools has undertaken to offer PEP and is taking the responsibility for their own Courses. In this case, the individual school or small local organization should be the Licensee, unless and until the parent organization wants to have the relationship with TPRF on behalf of all its subsidiary organizations.

Volunteer License

In a Volunteer License, the volunteer group is an intermediary between TPRF and the Organization whose constituents are receiving the PEP Courses. In some areas, a national or regional coordinator has helped to organize multiple volunteer teams, each of which is managing PEP Courses for one or a few organizations. The question will be: should these situations be organized as one License with many Facilities, or should there be multiple Licenses, each with one or a few Facilities.

First, understand that this is not an issue of the greatest consequence. Whether it's one License or many, it will ultimately be reported as multiple Courses under multiple Facilities, and the statistics come to pretty much the same results. However, establishing the most fitting structure is something we should try to do.

The key questions are:

  • Who owns and manages the relationship with the Organization receiving the PEP Courses?
  • Who has the Licensee relationship with TPRF?
  • Who is responsible for the Courses?
  • Who is reporting?

The answers to these questions will usually point you to the right Licensee. The first question is especially decisive. The relationships with the Organizations that receive PEP Courses are a critical element. If one person has established and continues to manage those relationships in an area, then it's probably logical to make that person the License holder. However, if the various organizational relationships are managed locally by different people and volunteer teams, it's probably logical to have multiple Licenses.

If you are uncertain about organizing your PEP License, please discuss it with the PEP Support team at [email protected].

Stay Informed

Subscribe to receive email updates on all of the latest news, stories, videos, and events. TPRF respects your privacy. By clicking "Subscribe" I agree to the Privacy Policy.

[ctct form="51198" show_title="false"]