Peace Education Program
Research & Evidence
Review studies and endorsements
Studies & Endorsements
“Impact of the Peace Education Program in Brazilian Correctional Facilities ”
In October 2022, a study on the “Impact of the Peace Education Program in Brazilian Correctional Facilities” found “that the Peace Education Program is making a very positive impact on almost all incarcerated peoples’ lives.” With a total sample of 5,276 incarcerated individuals, the study notes that “the quantitative findings are extremely robust.” 99.7% said that the program had helped them with benefits including reduced anxiety, improved self-understanding and better appreciation for the value of life.
- 99.7% of participants said the program had helped them in their lives
- 96% said they are likely to recommend the program to others
- Benefits included reduced anxiety, better self-understanding, self-improvement, enhanced appreciation for life and hope
“Evaluation of the Peace Education Program for Schools”
- 100% of participating students reported that “the program helped them in their lives” and
82% said they would recommend the program to others.
- Teachers reported that the program “complemented other learning activities, improved academic performance, student attitudes and self-awareness.”
“Assessment of Peace Education Program in Correctional Facilities Across Four Continents”
• 89% of participants showed improvement
• Attitudinal improvements included empowerment, facing past events & willingness to change
• Behavorial improvements included managing anger and avoiding fighting
“Impact Evaluation of the Peace Education Program
on Students of the Unihorizonte University Foundation of Bogotá, Colombia”
In 2021 the Unihorizonte University Foundation of Bogotá, Colombia completed an impact evaluation of the Peace Education Program on students, finding that the program helped nearly all of them recognize and be more aware of their internal resources as valuable tools for their lives. Attitudinal changes included enhanced appreciation for life; behavioral changes included empowerment to make changes in one’s own life, and in relating to others.
• Awareness of internal resources including peace, appreciation, choice and hope, increased from 55% to 97%.
• Changes included enhanced appreciation for life; understanding the possibility and importance of feeling peace; empowerment to make changes in life.
“Johannesburg Department of Social Development Evaluates Peace Education Program for Homeless”
In August of 2020 the Johannesburg Department of Social Development studied the results of the Peace Education Program on houseless people in shelters, finding that it helped over 95% of participants with benefits including enhanced self-awareness, tolerance, love, inner peace, contentment and self-reliance. The Department designated the Peace Education Program as one of the essential services needed to help these people cope with the COVID-19 crisis.
• 95% of participants reported benefits including enhanced self-awareness, tolerance, love, inner peace, contentment and self-reliance.
• The study concludes that the program can be a valuable tool in advancing tolerance and peaceful co-existence throughout South Africa and recommends making it available throughout all sections of society, especially in the public school system.
“The Impact of the Peace Education Program in Diverse Settings Around the World”
• Before the program less than 42% believed that feeling peace was possible. After the program, almost 100% felt that it was.
• Awareness of inner strength as a personal resource rose from 56% to 98%
Help people discover personal peace
Offering the Program
Apply for the free materials and facilitation guide.
Impact Stories & Videos
See what people say about the course
See course descriptions and sample materials (video & workbook)
Find answers to your questions about the program
Click on the title links below to read endorsement letters related to the Peace Education Program in various sectors and locations.
“I recommend this program to you as an effective means to help increase the harmony within individuals and the community in which you serve.”
“The support this Program continues to provide our staff is immeasurable.”
“The course was deeply appreciated by the participating inmates and it was followed by them with keen interest.”
“The successful teaching patterns of this program provided by these volunteers helps benefit the attitudes of offenders, assist in curving their aggression and helps them in making decisions.”
Division of Rehabilitative Services; Department of Corrections; State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations; Cranston, Rhode Island
“The program has helped them cope with prison life and have a more positive outlook on life in general.”
“I can recommend the Peace Education Program with great pleasure to other correctional facilities and institutions which take an interest in the wellbeing of humans.”
Office of the Sheriff; Inmate Program Services; Buncombe County Detention Facility; Asheville, North Carolina
“The perfect place to plant a seed of hope and change is in a correctional facility.”
Office of the Sheriff; Hall of Justice; County of Los Angeles; Los Angeles, California, USA
“We will continue to work with the Peace Education Program to coordinate access to LASD inmates for participation in this positively impactful program.”
“The behavior of those who attend the program has noticeably improved.”
Zonderwater Management Area: Gauteng Region; Correctional Services Department of the Republic of South Africa
“This programme has enlightened and empowered a lot of offenders to have peace within them and it also taught them to forgive other people. Some of them before the inception of the programme were always having conflict and anger within. After they attended the programme, they started to have peace.”
“Several of the individuals have stated that they feel so much better after attending Peace Education classes.”
“From the comments we have received from the attendees of these workshops, it is clear that the PEP workshops are enjoyable and would be beneficial to anyone interested.”
“I was fortunate to attend many of the workshops and came away with tools that I believe will help me to tap that resource of inner peace that I know is there and within reach.”
“We would like to encourage all types of associations and organizations to implement this novel program that we consider beneficial for its participants.”